Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Waiting

Waiting is something I am good at and it's a good thing because there is plenty of waiting in my future.  Some days I wish there was something I NEEDED to get done, something that needed to be read, a form that needed to be filled out, or maybe something I need to research and learn more about.  When I am busy getting things done, the waiting is so much easier.  But, on days like today, when it's pouring rain outside and the whole house is clean and ready for our next home study visit, I sit on the couch, wishing for something to do.  Everything has been done.  There is nothing for me to do.

Then I realize.......There is something for me to do.  I can pray.  I can pray for patience.  I can pray and give thanks to God.  I can pray that He continues to watch over my children, especially my daughter who is waiting for us in China.  I can pray for the nannies in the orphanage who have taken such great care of her for the past six years, and who will miss her when we come and take her away from them.  Who am I kidding thinking I have nothing to do ?!  I need to get busy!  I've got some praying to do......


Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good, for his steadfast love endures forever!
Psalm 107: 1

No comments:

Post a Comment