Friday, January 4, 2013

Chosen for us

In October, we couldn't seem to make any progress towards adopting a child.  Initially, things had been moving along steadily.  There was a beautiful little girl who was listed with one agency, and then there was a little boy on the shared list.  When we decided to pursue adopting the little boy, that's when things seemed to come to a stop.  I went to bed praying one night and woke up the next morning feeling like we are supposed to adopt the little girl and that we would need to fight for her.  I told my husband when he woke up and he was full on board.  I prayed that morning for an hour straight.  Then, I got on the internet to search for a new adoption agency.  At the very beginning of all this, I had been led to a woman's blog for something completely unrelated.  Her blog was actually all about adoption, and her 6 kids she had adopted from China.  So, I looked up the agency she used, sent them an email, and waited for a response.  I got a reply within an hour.  Things got moving again.  A few weeks later, I found out that the little girl's file had been sent to this agency to advocate on her behalf exclusively, at the same time that I started emailing them.  No other agency would have access to her file.  That's why things "stopped".....because God was directing us to the agency where we could adopt her.  He has chosen her for us and he brought us both to the same agency at the same time to show us this.  I feel so very blessed that he has chosen us to be her family.  Who knew that I could love a little girl so much who I have never even met!

 Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight.
Proverbs 3: 5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment