Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Sometimes it's something so simple that makes you feel such a big emotion.  Friday our dossier finally got submitted to China.  There are no words to describe the overwhelming feeling I had the entire weekend! 

Then, on Sunday, I went and bought a high chair from someone selling it on Facebook.  Sure, I was excited to have found such a good deal on something so nice.  But, the real feeling hit when I had it in my car and was taking it home. 

Excitement, Joy, Happiness, Victorious,
And, also a longing to have that sweet little boy
here and sitting in this high chair.....
 
Now, this high chair is sitting in the corner of my dining room, waiting for Little Guy to come home and eat his meals with his family.  I can only imagine how it's going to feel when that moment is finally here.
 
Adoptive parents write about how crazy it seems that we miss a child whom we have never met.  I "get" that.  But, I don't think it's crazy at all; it just makes sense.  A good friend recently told me to take peace in knowing that our little ones do not know what it is like to have "loved ones" and therefore do not know what they are missing.  So, as we wait and we miss them, we know that our little ones are not experiencing these hard feelings like we are.  But.....once they are home, then they will learn what it feels like to love and be loved.  And, they will learn what it feels like to miss Mommy while she goes to the grocery store or Daddy while he goes to work.  And, the best part of all, they will know how wonderful it feels when Mommy or Daddy gets back home and scoops them up in to their arms, and tells them how much we love them!


No comments:

Post a Comment