Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Amazing Find !

Several adoptive families have shared a Chinese search engine where they search their adopted child's Chinese name and find his/her "finding ad".  The finding ad is the ad placed in the local newspaper when a baby or child is found abandoned.  It has a photo and other information regarding date and place found.  This is a valuable piece of information to have for your adopted child when they grow up and begin wanting to know more about their history.
I tried this search, but well, let's just say my "internet search skills" are not up to par.  So, out of frustration, I copy/pasted my daughter's name in Chinese characters in to the regular ole Google search bar.  After clicking on "images", I was speechless.  There popped up a picture of our daughter as a baby.  A friend was able to get the information around the picture translated for me.  Here's what I know.  The picture was posted on a blog written by someone in China.  She posted pictures of about 5 of the kids in "Faith's" orphanage to show people what sweet cute children were looking for families.  I also learned the picture was taken when she was just one year old.  She is lying in her crib with her crib mate. 
TOTALLY PRECIOUS ! ! !

Words cannot begin to describe how I felt that evening, when I stumbled across this picture.  And, seriously.....what are the odds of finding a baby picture of my soon-to-be 7 year old daughter ,who lives in another country halfway across the globe, by searching on Google.  :)

You wanna see the picture I found?

2 comments:

  1. Next month we are going to do something fun, for fundraising and at the end we will reveal the baby photos we have found ;) How's that for a teaser ?!

    ReplyDelete