Monday, June 3, 2013

SO READY to be DTC

DTC means "dossier to China" and this means that all the papers about us and even photos of our family will go to China so they can learn about us and decide if they will let us adopt our children.  Yes, we already have a pre-approval for each of them, but this is more of a final approval.  China updated their computer system last week so that hopefully this process will move more quickly.  Unfortunately, they aren't quite finished updating.  So, we have to wait until they are done, and then we can finally submit our dossier.  Can't wait for that day!
Both our children have birthdays coming up, one in July and the other in August.  It is very hard to think about them not celebrating their birthday here with us, but I take comfort in knowing we have many birthdays to celebrate with them and I plan on making them HUGE memories!  Although I have never met either of these little angels, I miss them more than I can begin to describe.  I recently made a new friend thanks to the wonderful world of Facebook.  She will be traveling next month to adopt her son who lives in the same orphanage as our little "Faith".  When she visits the orphanage, she is going to ask if she can see "Faith" and give her a gift from us and maybe even take a photo or two.  I don't mind if she can't take photos.  Just hearing that she gets to see her in person is going to bring me much happiness.  I am so excited to hear what she has to say about "Faith".  I want to know how small she is, how big her smile is, how big and bright her eyes are.......all these things I know, but I still want to hear them from someone else, someone who actually sees her in front of them.  For now, I stare at pictures of our two sweeties every day........And, I smile !

I can't wait to have them home and love them and care for them and give them many reasons to smile !

No comments:

Post a Comment