Tuesday, November 5, 2013

10 more days!!!

     Ten more days til we board a plane and start the final leg of this journey that will change our lives forever.  I am SO excited, SO happy, and yet SO sad all at the same time.  So many times throughout this journey I have experienced this mixture of emotions.  I never knew you could feel so many feelings all at the same time.  Yes, I have cried because I was so happy about something, and I've laughed because I was so sad or scared. But, now, I truly feel happy and sad, and scared and excited....AT THE SAME TIME.  It's confusing and crazy!
     I miss my children who I have not even  met yet.  I love them more than I could ever imagine.  I am anxious to hold them in my arms even if they are screaming to get away from me.  I long to bring them home to their siblings to show them how wonderful it is to be a part of a family.  I want to watch them grow to love each of their sisters and brothers and of course their mom and dad.
     I am not looking forward to being away from three of my children while we go to China.  I am dreading packing and getting from plane to plane at the airports.  I am not looking forward to being on a plane for 15 hours straight at all.  Just thinking about it makes me want to freak out.
     But the prize at the end of all this..........priceless!!

As I sit here, I think about how badly I wanted to have our family together in time for Christmas.  Most of the time, I really felt that was not going to be possible.  Now, our flights are booked and our appointments are scheduled.  We will arrive home on Thanksgiving Day.  What a beautiful blessing!!! We will be together for Christmas as I had hoped and we will also have Thanksgiving together.  I cannot think of a more perfect way to spend Thanksgiving Day.  I plan to watch as my children meet each other for the first time, spend the day getting to know each other, and start to love each other.  This Thanksgiving will be the first day of a lifelong relationship between my children.  "Faith" and "Little Guy" will no longer be orphans.  They will be a little brother and a little sister, my son and daughter.


"Give thanks to the Lord for He is good, His faithful love is everlasting!"
                                                                                   ---Psalms 106:1

No comments:

Post a Comment