Monday, April 22, 2013

Love the Support!

I don't even know how to start this post, so I'm just going to dive straight in.  Moving to Cobb County is by far one of the BEST decisions we ever made.  Now that we are closer to many of our friends, those friendships are just getting stronger.  Being in such a great neighborhood with such great schools has made my children so much happier.  The whole atmosphere at home is just perfect because "everything" about how we live and where we live now is so much better.  I believe God brought us here because the adoption process is stressful and can exhaust you quickly.  He brought us here where everything us in our life would go so smoothly that we would be able to get through the "rough spots" of international adoption.  And, when it gets rough, we are surrounded by our friends who help to pull us through it.

It seems funny that something as simple as a Facebook comment can make a person feel so much better.  And, every time I start to feel a little overwhelmed, someone comments on my Facebook, or they share our news with someone and I feel uplifted.  When I started the bunny-making fundraiser, every time I got an order for another bunny, I would feel overwhelmed, but in a good way.  Many times I teared up because I felt so grateful that people were supporting us and helping us reach our goal.  We had the Thirty One party this past weekend, and first I was just so gracious for Debbie to offer to drive so far and hold the party.....and give her entire paycheck from the party to us.  I'd never even met her before and she didn't know my family at all.  But, she has a passion for helping orphans and that is what she wanted to do.  I am still so very touched by her generosity.  Then, my friend Carol ever-so-nonchalantly said, "Let's have it at my house!"  Offering her home for me to invite people to come and party was so kind of her.  But then she topped it off by baking the goodies that we served at the party as well.  We had such a great time and the fundraiser party was a real success. This morning I woke up and got on the computer, and found out orders are still coming in.(again I teared up...okay so maybe I cried a little)  Each order that was placed, I know was placed for love of my family and helping to make us complete and ........well.....that feels so good to know.

While at the Thirty One party, we got a very generous offer for another fundraiser.  Again, this offer was made by someone who I just met at the party.  How awesome is that, that someone who doesn't even know me or my family is willing to be so selfless just to help bring our sweet babies home!!!!  There will be 2-3 days at a local hair salon, when she will give 50% of her earnings to our adoption fund.  Isn't that amazing ?!!

I am so grateful and appreciative of all our friends and all the friends we are making along this journey.  I am so glad He called us to adopt for so many reasons.  We are gaining more than just two new family members.....SO MUCH MORE !

No comments:

Post a Comment